- Bane, Max, Peter Graff, and Morgan Sonderegger. Longitudinal phonetic variation in a closed system. In Proceedings of the 46th annual meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society.
- Bane, Max. Deriving the structure of variation from the structure of non-variation in the English dative. In Proceedings of the 28th annual meeting of the West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics.
- Bane, Max. A combinatoric model of variation in the English dative alternation. In Proceedings of the 36th annual meeting of the Berkeley Linguistics Society.
- Goldsmith, John and Jason Riggle. Information Theoretic Approaches to Phono-
logical Structure: The Case of Vowel Harmony. In Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Bane, Max, Jason Riggle. The typological consequences of weighted constraints. Proceedings of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society. [ROA preprint]
- Bane, Max and Ed King. Local predictability in the lexicon. In Proceedings of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Chicago Linguistic Society. [preprint]
- Bane, Max, Jason Riggle, James Kirby and John Sylak. Multilingual learning with parameter co-occurrence clustering. In Proceedings of the 39th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society. [preprint]
- Jason Riggle, Jeff Heinz, Greg Kobele. Evaluating the Complexity of Optimality Theory. In Linguistic Inquiry 40: 277–288 [paper]
- Jason Riggle. Violation Semirings in Optimality Theory. In Research on Language and Computation 7(1): 1–12 [paper]
- Jason Riggle. The Complexity of Ranking Hypotheses in Optimality Theory. Computational Linguistics 35(1): 47–59 [paper]
- Bane, Max, Jason Riggle. Three correlates of the typological frequency of quantity-insensitive stress systems. In Proceedings of the Tenth Workshop of the Association for Computational Linguistics' Special Interest Group in Morphology and Phonology. Rutgers Optimality Archive #966. [preprint]
- Bane, Max. Quantifying and Measuring Morphological Complexity. In Proceedings of the 26th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics, 67-76. [paper]